Friday, November 6, 2009

Frugal Tip Friday :10$ Christmas decoration!


I couldn't help it, after Halloween walking through shops and looking through magazines, there were so many Christmas decoration ideas, they were calling out to me "make me, make me!" So what better than a frugal Christmas decoration? I don't know, but not too much:) I love decorating and saving money at the same time. Its always difficult this time of year, because in addition to bills and buying Christmas gifts, decorating can get left behind because of its cost. So until Christmas, we're going to do Frugal Tip Friday for Christmastime! The first decoration is for a stairway. We have a stairway that leads up to our apartment and it always seems gloomy with no bright colors, so I decided to "Christmas it up" a bit with a decoration that only



costs 10 $!!!



I went to the Dollar Store and bought:

2 pieces of garland,

3 red bows,
3 small silver frames and

twine rope (you can also use ribbon).


These were 1$ each and so totalled 10$, I just couldn't believe it. I knew with budgeting I could do this decoration now, and everytime I walk up the stairs it makes me so happy to see the colors and makes me feel Christmasy. There's something about knowing that every corner, every little area that is usually forgotten about, it being taken care of, and I guess decorating makes me feel like that:)


To do on your stairway -

1- take garland and twirl around stairarm all the way from the top to the bottom.

2- take bows and wrap tie that it comes with around the stairarm in places that you like.

3- find any old Christmas card you have that you like, cut into three pieces.

4- take 3 pieces of card and place in 3 frames.

5- take twine or ribbon and open back of frame.

6- Place twine or ribbon in back of frame and close the frame.

7- take twine or ribbon on frame and tie to the garland, or if the frame is a little heavy, you can also tie to the stairarm anywhere you like.



Do you have a Frugal Tip you want to share? Do your own Frugal Tip blog and mclinky up below! It can be just a one liner you wanted to share or a long story about how you came to discover the tip, just make sure to include directions on how to use it!
Frugal Tip Friday - Helping others to be more frugal in todays world.

5 comments:

  1. Great list!
    Loved the red ribbon!
    Have a great weekend
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki!
    Just wanted to say how beautiful the decorations look! They are simply done, but look very eloquent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that I'm not really in the mood for Christmas yet ....but you made me change my mind. The stairway looks so happy! I love your comment about forgotten corners.

    Love Frugal Tip Fridays ...keep 'em coming!

    http://youmusttakeyourchance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Christmas decorations make me happy! I love seeing them- and done cheaply is an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some comment love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...