Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Traditions!!

I hope you're all doing well! Today I'm feeling a little under the weather (but came into work anyways thinking it'll go away and my Starbucks will be enough to ward off any germs! :)) I'm hoping its just a random bug going around. Today is Steph's group blog Thursday! And her topic is what traditions do you practice for Halloween?


Our Halloween traditions have changed over the years alot. When I was little, we used to dress up and walk around the neighborhood and collect candies in our suitcases, we'd come home and eat whatever we could get our hands on! Until the scare happened where someone apparently injected poisen into candy and then handed it out, (did you hear about that?) My mom did, and she made sure to check every single candy and if it wasn't wrapped, it got tossed. So no more candy apples! No more homemade rice crispy treats from around the block! I don't blame her and I think it was smart, but it did serve the purpose of putting a certain extra real life fear into trick or treating. As we got older, we moved and we started trick or treating at both houses, my moms and dads, it was nice, double the candy! I remember one year my friends and I didn't have a costume but wanted to go out, so I just threw a sheet over my head and pocked holes in it lol. As I got older, the trick or treating stopped and more parties started. I stopped getting dressed up and would just go to a party with my sister or hang out with my friends or her and her "cool" older friends:) Its funny, because after highschool off I went to college to NYC where...I seem to have reverted back to my childhood ways of getting dressed up! Its not so much for me about getting dressed up but more about being with all the fun crowds and seeing people act in funny ways:) Since college, mostly every year (except the one where that pesky jealous boyfriend at the time threw a tantrum) my roommate and I, (Shannon aka milkandcuddles) would go out and pick up something to eat, well mostly drink! and get dressed up and go to the village and watch the parade. Its a tradition that I still practice today only now with my husband! He loves to get dressed up, and this makes me more excited to get dressed up too:) Last year he was a blue man from the show Blue Man Group, and I was a (blonde) bat girl (I know alittle boring!) This year, I'm going to be a sexy fairy and he's going to be a wizard. (costumes only 20 bucks at Walmart!) Pictures from the village to come! :)


The winner using random.org was the 12th comment, Congratulations Lisa Anne at http://www.smellthecoffeelisa.blogspot.com/! The winner will be contacted within the next 48 hours for more details!!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, I do remember going to more parties as I got older, during Halloween.

    I still enjoy dressing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm jealous! i'd love to get dressed up again. can't wait to see how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween is soooo fun! I don't think a batgirl is boring! Less boring than nothing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see this year's pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could go trick or treating. And that was smart of your mom. It's sad, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet Shannon wishes she could join you like old times. You guys have fun! We'll look forward to the photos. Shannon and Molly were on TV today. They did great. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you look so different as a blond. You're beautiful both ways. I've been toying with becoming a brunette again. My hair's already a little darker for winter...but sometimes I miss being a brunette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! I can't wait to see you as a sexy fairy! It will be hot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.. just stopped by from Steph's blog. I enjoyed reading your post. Cute Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some comment love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...