Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Recap and Resolutions!!

2011 was an exciting year full of scary but good changes! First, the biggest change was that we moved to NJ from NYC. We moved into a small lakehouse and had work done, well ALOT of work done on the house to get it ready for winter. It wasn't winterized and didn't have underground water that wouldn't freeze for winter, so that was one of our goals...and we did it! We had the house raised, went without water for 6 weeks, (and survived) and happily, oh so happily got water back!!!  Here is our house before and after some of the work we did on it.





Another change that happened, was I left my 10 year job working for the Mayor's Office of Film in NYC to teach yoga and attend Acupuncture school full time, my true passion. Its been amazing and words can't express how grateful I am to God, the universe and my hubby Martin for supporting me to be able to teach yoga, take care of the puppies and Martin and attend school for my Professional graduate degree in Chinese Medicine.

Next change, we got our new beautiful cutie puppy Corbin! He is a handful at times, and has so much energy but he is the sweetest (and softest) big puppy (he's almost 70 pounds at 6 months!) we could ever have asked for and we love him so much!)  and we're so glad that him and Lealu get along!! (that could've been a disaster)

We had the wonderful chance to go on vacation to Hawaii with my sister and her husband. We had so much fun, and hopefully there will be lots more vacations together!

Over the summer, my wonderful good friend Danielle married her soulmate, Kevin and my sister and I got the chance to be there for it!


Next my Gram and her companion Harry made their way up to heaven to continue on with their journeys:)



Its been a year full of change and love, more than I could've asked for. I hope 2012 will be a year of good changes. I would like to show so much gratitude and love to my husband, to finish work on our home and make this my last year in school (which means, taking my comps in January, my CNT course in March, signing up to take my license exam soon after and then finishing up my classes!) I have hope and faith that everything happens for a reason and I know that God and the universe wouldn't put me in this place without the goal of becoming an acupuncturist...so I keep that faith and hope that everything will work out with classes and that I will pass my tests on time. :)

Wishing you a wonderful New Years Eve, day and 2012 year!!!

10 comments:

  1. Awww thanks for including me in your year review lady, so glad you and Stef could come! Hugs!!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to go to Hawaii with your sister! I have never been there but so want to some day. And that was a ton of work that needed to be done to your house but it looks great and is give as big now! Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! YOu have had quite an amazing year! What will 2012 bring???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, busy....

    I'm glad you survived without water FOR 6 weeks.... that in itself is an accomplishment!

    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful 2011 with lots of positive changes and experiences. :) I think that's really neat that you are working towards a professional degree in Chinese Medicine. Sounds challenging but really interesting!!

    You should win an award for going 6 weeks without water. Wow!!!

    Hope 2012 is a year full of blessings and that you pass your exams with flying colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you! I hope that school is going well for you :) Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nic...just checking up on you. Haven't seen an update for quite some time. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nikki!

    I totally understand not being able to write a lot when you're busy with school. Most of my posts are fairly "light" these days because school has been occupying just about every space in my mind. Even though it is Spring Break, I am working on a few things. Sigh. You and I will both celebrate at the end of this year :) I graduate in December!

    I can't wait until you'll be able to post again. Hope everything continues to go smoothly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some comment love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...