Friday, April 15, 2011

Frugal Tip friday - for your anxious tummy!



I have been so thankful to have the today and yesterday off from work so that I can focus and do my best on my Comprehensive Exams for Acupuncture school! I feel good about the tests so far and I have a few more today and afterwards, I hope to celebrate with Martin and drinks! :) With tests and finals happening, my stomach has been a bit sour lately, it just has been feeling nervous and not so put together. A wonderful friend let me know about Ginger tea, but not just the ginger tea that can buy at the grocery store for 5$ a box, but real ginger tea. And I decided to look into it. Did you know this about Ginger?

"Ginger is used in Asian medicine to treat stomach aches, nausea, and diarrhea.


Many digestive, antinausea, and cold and flu dietary supplements sold in the United States contain ginger extract as an ingredient.

Ginger is used to alleviate postsurgery nausea as well as nausea caused by motion, chemotherapy, and pregnancy.

Ginger has been used for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and joint and muscle pain."  (NCCAM)
 
So I decided to make a tea with fresh ginger! If you have an anxious stomach, this could really help! It has definetly helped my nervous stomach this past week!
 
All you have to do is slice 1/2 inch piece of ginger from a piece of ginger root (most grocery stores or farmers markets sell these). Place piece of ginger into a hot cup of water. You can use as much honey as you'd like to sweeten, I like alot to balance out the spicyness of the ginger, so I used 2 tablespoons. Not only does making ginger tea from real ginger save money, but its also delicious! Enjoy! And watch your anxious gurgling stomach fade away!!
 
Happy Friday tip Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if my sister would try this. She has lots of tummy issues, but isn't real good about trying things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...good deal. I get anxious...at times. (Who would have guessed, right?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some comment love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...