Friday, February 12, 2010

Give your skin a treat - Frugal Tip Friday

There are a ton of masks for your skin out there. Here's one from Bliss (that really fancy schmancy and super expensive skincare line, they have a spa in NYC) and this little bottle of happy skin costs a whopping 113$!
I don't know about you but I'd rather buy 2 weeks worth of organic groceries or a new potterybarn find or treat myself to a massage rather than buy a mask that I'll use maybe once a month.  BUT I STILL WANT NICE SKIN! So what could I do on a low budget? I was thinking this over in my head last night and while scrowling through the NY Metro newspaper (I love that paper, its short enough for me to read through and not get bored) I saw a post about Fashion Week in NYC. One of the models who has very sensitive skin was talking about what she uses for her skin to keep it looking and feeling healthy and moisturized while running around during runway shoots. And I tried it this morning before work! I passed out early yesterday but this morning took half an avocado (I didn't even need that much), and took 2 tablespoons of honey, mixed them together and spread it on my face. I waited about 10 minutes and when I washed it off, my face felt so smooth!!! Its been a really long time since I've felt my face that soft.  And it only costed me 5$ total!

If you want to try you will need:
3$ for a honeybear/2 tablespoons for mask
2$ avocado/1/2 avocado for mask
Mix and spread on skin.
Wash off after 10-20 minutes.
Feel your face:)

Let me know how it worked out!

13 comments:

  1. I've heard about putting avocado and honey on your face but have never tried it... it sounds tasty at least! :)

    Thanks for stopping by, I'm following you now as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tip

    thanks for the follow...following you back
    http://luvtosave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip, thanks for sharing.

    Following you back from FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower. I have checked out your other blogs, I love your fixer upper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love trying homemade skin care treatments...I will try this for sure.
    Thanks for the visit! Happy Friday Follow!
    Holly
    www.504main.blogspot.com
    www.hipweddings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Follow Friday! I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time you do this mask please take a picture of yourself for me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this I can do! Great post. Following you back from FF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds easy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo...this sounds nice! I have another tip for ya! Try using plain old baking soda! Mix with a little water to form a paste, and gently rub onto your face, then rinse with warm water. It really exfoliates and helps open pores. It would probably be good to alternate between the two :) I've been using the baking soda for a few weeks, and my face feels so incredibly soft! We always have avocados around, so I'm gonna try your mask, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for dropping by my blog & following. I'm your follower now! :) Friday Follow is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice...I plan on trying that later.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, when I run out of mud I will have to try this.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some comment love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...