Wednesday, September 2, 2009

An Easy Vegetarian Meal Recipe

This past weekend I wanted to make something for dinner that was light and healthy, but still tasted good. I went through the fridge and pulled out a huge bag of carrots and Martin suggested I make a recipe his mom's Carrot Salad. With salads, I usually just throw stuff together, squeeze a lemon and mix with olive oil, I'd never attempted to do that with just carrots. So I got the recipe from my mother in law and attempted this. (its great if you have a lot of carrots with no where to go:))


You will need-


6 large carrots (shaved)


1 cup of raisins


half cup of pinneapple chunks from can (I ended up putting in a whole cup and that turned out to be way too much pinneaple! so fyi, less pinneapple is better)


half cup of mayo (to counter the pinneapple, I used extra mayo, also less mayo is better!)


Shave carrots in bowl.

Take raisins, half cup of mayo (low fat is fine), half cup of pinneapple and mix into bowl and wahlah! That was easy right? Next time I make this, I'l l make sure to put less with the carrots, after all, they don't need very much else to taste good!



Next I pulled out tortilla's and decided to make a veggie quesadilla.


You will need -

2 tortillas from a pack



1/2 cup of black beans (I used from the can)

1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms (white or portabella)

1 cup shredded chedder cheese

1 cup baby spinach



Take tortilla, place on counter, sprinkle, cheese, black beans, mushrooms, and spinach on tortilla. (I was so starving from a bikeride we had just gone on, I took a little piece to eat off the side of the tortilla, oops!)


Take other side and place on top. Then use frying pan large enough for the tortilla and place in pan. Cook for about 10 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. You can use spatula and cut into triangles. Pick up tortilla pieces and plate!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some comment love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...