Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 - alot to be thankful for!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend! Martin and I had a great time driving all over meeting with family! It always feels great, even though its alot of running around, to see everyone especially around the holidays. My sister came from Pa and first we left the guys at my moms to play video games while we went out for to Barnes & Nobles for coffees. Then my sister and I stayed up until who knows when watching the Family Stone (one of our favorite holiday movies). The next day we headed down to my Gram's and visited for a while. We watched some fun old movies of ourselves when we were little!  There is a little den at my Gram's that I love sitting in. It is so cozy and there are little Christmas details around. We watch our favorite Christmas movies and old movies in there. It was really neat to see myself as a little girl and how I've changed so much! I think being able to see the changes as one grows older is a great reason to have a video camera and to tape things. Now I don't video too much, I usually take pictures, but for Christmas I might have to break out the video camera! After that we drove to my dads and went out to eat and stayed up talking, and the next morning went to breakfast and chatted some more. After that we stopped by my Grandmoms and sat and talked for awhile with tea, and then headed to my Aunts to visit with her and my cousin. It was such a fun weekend! I wish those weekends could happen all week long! :)  We ate lots of turkey and sweet potatos and stuffing and brussel sprouts! There's nothing like a table of delicious food with family around it to warm during this cold weather!Yumm!!  I haven't had the chance to make our own turkey yet but I'm thinking I'll pick one up this week and freeze it until finals are over and we can experiment with making one! (which means Martin will be putting way too much cajun spicy herbs, I'll post pictures when that happens, it'll be interesting to see how that turns out! hopefully not with me soaked in turkey juice or something)

How was your weekend?  What did you have for dinner?

oh a friend at work told me a great tip that I wanted to share with when buying Christmas gifts - she puts her items on layaway and then goes Thanksgiving weekend to pick them up. But when she does (this is great) she gets the lower price of the sale price they are at Thanksgiving! So the items she wants aren't sold out, but waiting for her at the lowered price! Isn't that a great idea!? I'm definetly going to have to try that next year.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I will remember that next year? Where does she shop?

    We had a great Thanksgiving. Dinner was super yummy and fattening. haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some comment love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...