Monday, November 23, 2009

Star Wars played to the NY Philharmonic!

Before the show starts!

Yoda on the big screen!

Padme

Mr. Yoda

Ewoks!!!





I hope you all had great weekends! Other than grocery shopping for some fun stuff for this weekend, Martin and I had the chance to go to see Star Wars at the Nassau Coliseum played to the orchestra's sound from the NY Philharmonic! Music is an amazing artform, it can always bring me back to moments in my life when I was feeling sadness, or happiness or confusion while helping me to see the amazing journey I've gone through since that moment and sometimes, because of it. Star Wars was first introduced to me by my dad. I remember he got us all the VHS (remember those!?) tapes and we watched them. I had no idea who princess lea was (but I knew I loved her cute hairdo with the buns on the sides of her head!) or who hans solo was. My favorite stuffed animals was an ewok. As I grew up, I would always go and look for him in the closet where I kept him to hug and squeeze and just take a peek to know he was there (until his unfortunate and accidental adoption to a new family at our yardsale). I still miss that little ewok:) Then as I got older, the newer Star Wars came out, so the first Star Wars trilogy came out and then in the late 90's, early 2000's the next trilogy came out, but the Star Wars was based during the time BEFORE the Star Wars that I saw and that came out, first. It is the coolest thing to be able to watch how Darth Vader became so dark, and that he was actually a great jedi at one time, and to be able to see his son save his life, in a way, at the end. If you haven't seen all these movies, YOU NEED TO! :)

The NY Philharmonic played the live orchestra music with trumpets, violins, drums and lots more to vignettes from the movie Star Wars. The first hour were vignettes from the first trilogy (with Natalie Portman), and began with titles like "the big race", or "the great love". After the title, the editors cut important scenes from the 1st trilogy that told the story of those titles. And believe me, I didn't miss the dialogue! It was amazing how much it was not needed to tell the story beautifully.

Here are a few more of the pictures I took - Hope you Enjoy!

One of the last parts of the final trilogy, when Luke finds out Darth Vader is his father.

4 comments:

  1. I totally want an ewok as a pet, is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewoks are soooo cute! I want one too. It can bunk in Molly's room, and they can be cuddle buddies!!

    They had this come to Dallas a few months ago- and it looked neat. Glad you got a chance to go when it came to NY! Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally took my hubby to see this in New Orleans last month!!

    http://audradetillier.blogspot.com/2009/10/with-me-force-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw that movie again on Saturday I neve grow tired of it
    this eventsounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some comment love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...