Friday, August 28, 2009

"Eat Pray Love" the best seller just wrapped filming in nyc!

The best seller book "Eat Pray Love" written by Elizabeth Gilbert shot its film version in NYC and recently wrapped production. They are filming in a few other locations (if you've read the book, you'll know the main character goes to India for a bit) and I just can't wait until the movie comes out! I want to reread the book just to remember the details. A very brief summary of the book - After a failed marriage a woman leaves her husband in New York and goes on a spiritual journey to Italy, India and Indonesia where she practices yoga, eats amazing food and meets an amazing friend and healer. Its an amazing account of her need to heal after trauma and how she found herself again.


I found out about the book while I was getting yoga certified in NYC. A friend had it and told me about it. During the time I had just left a difficult situation in which I felt I needed to heal from, and reading this book, along with my yoga practice, helped me to find a balance of peace in an otherwise chaotic environment. I picked it up and have loved the story ever since. I can't wait to see it on film! Film is directed by Ryan Murphy, stars Julia Roberts, Billy Crudup & James Franco (from Spiderman!!) and comes out in 2011.


6 comments:

  1. I read the book, but I'm not sure I can picture Julia Roberts as the lead, though! Welcome to SITS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carma- Julia looks NOTHING like Elizebeth Gilbert!!! lol. Anyway- thats cool that it will be a movie though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comments guys and the welcome! Your right, she doesn't look anything like Gilbert...maybe if she dyed her hair blonde? hopefully the movie will come out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew about this book, of course, because of Shannon, but have not yet read it. Did you hear her talk on Ted? Shannon will like that she equates ones creative genius to a Dobby like house-elf... somewhat separate from the self or individual. An intersting concept. I once heard a playwrite describe the source of his work as outside himself. Like a river of stories that flowed just below the surface of the Earth into which writers drill and from which they extract bits of this larger entity for their works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I haven't seen that about Ted! that sounds so cool:) of course I can't hear it at work but it looks cool anyways:) The description of writing and creativity sounds so inspiring! You know I wrote a play ( a comedy on relationships) and reading that description makes me want to finally type it up! thanks Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been facinated by how some people seem able to "channel" their creativity into some art form. Who was that artist (Michelangelo?) when carving a statue, thought of it not as carving a shape, but instead as releasing that shape from the stone... by simply removing the stone around it. You should definately capture that play of yours on paper or computer. Giving birth to something creative like that is an almost sacred act. Good for you. I believe Shannon wrote a screenplay at one point. She should get that back out, too. Maybe you both will become famous, and I can say "I knew you when". But more importantly, you'll have honored that thing within you that inspired you to create.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some comment love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...